Family House Admission and Referral Information
- Pregnant and/or parenting adult women, at least 18 years of age
- May be accompanied by up to 3 children, age 12 or younger
- Drug and/or alcohol dependent, with or without a co-occurring diagnosis
- Have a sincere desire to learn about recovery and live without the use of drugs and/or alcohol
- Have the ability and desire to live in a community living environment and support other women in recovery
- Meet the Pennsylvania Client Placement Criteria for long term residential care (3C).
Libertae welcomes those that have health problems or a physical disability as long as they are capable of participating and completing programs goals.
Libertae Family House is wheelchair accessible.
What you will receive while at the Family House
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Addiction Education
- Trauma-specific Groups
- Co-occurring specific Groups (individuals with substance dependence and mental health diagnosis)
- Conflict Resolution
- 12-step meetings
- Health and Nutrition Education
- Parenting Education
- Relapse Prevention
- Peer Group Support
- Life Skills Counseling
- Case Management Services (support and referrals for legal, education, job training, employment, housing and healthcare, children’s support services)
- Family Sessions, as needed
- Prevention Programming for Children
- Discharge and Aftercare Planning
Please see Programs and Services for more information.
While most referrals to Libertae come from other drug and alcohol treatment providers and social service agencies, anyone can refer potential residents to us by calling the main office at 215-639-8681, ext. 201 for information or assistance.
Before an interview at Libertae can take place, individuals accessing public funding must secure funding from their county of residence. A drug and alcohol assessment is required from an approved assessment site. Each county has their own resources for this. Libertae can assist you with this process and provide contact information for your County Drug and Alcohol Authority and/or Insurance Company.
If you are a treatment provider and would like to refer a woman to Libertae, please click here for instructions
Contact the main office at 215-639-8681, ext. 201. Personnel will complete an initial phone questionnaire with you.
Please have the following ready when calling Libertae;
- Funding agency approval information, contact and phone number
- Client Demographic information
- Substance use information
- Discharge date
- Public Assistance information or employment status
- Current medications (amount and purpose); physical limitations
- Pregnancy due date and/or names and ages of children who will be in residence
This information can also be completed in advance by downloading the Preadmission Form and faxing to us. Download Preadmission Form: PDF Word
Upon completion of the phone questionnaire, you will be instructed to fax Libertae the psychosocial narrative, psychiatric or psychological assessment, physical health assessment, proof of TB testing and current medications.
You will be contacted and an interview will be scheduled with the Admission Coordinator. In some cases, a phone interview can be arranged if an in-person interview is not possible.